Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

What is necessary for Network Calendar??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: What is necessary for Network Calendar??
What is necessary for Network Calendar?? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi:
I linked out to the 'pdf' in the FAQ about "Apache webdev services.pdf". In that document it states: 'If you want Network functionalities, you need access to webdev. "Maybe you already have a network based drive, then you are fine".' Am I ok with just having a networked base drive????? or do I need a server???

I have read in other threads about having ' a service', like FTP or IIS to get the network aspects of Rainlender.

I am currently running an internal FTP under IIS. Will that fill the bill for what is needed to gain the network aspects of Rainlender???

If so... here is one of the 2 biggies... Can anyone who would have access to our network amend the calendar to reflect there schedule?? I need a 'yes' to that question??

#2. How do I set it up under the services I am currently running. A link to a how to perhaps??

Thanks,
Terry:)
fox7
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is necessary for Network Calendar?? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
You need a web server with webdav extension or ftp server. IIS should be fine. I don't have any experience in setting up Windows servers so unfortunately I cannot help you with the details.

Anyone who can access your server can also a access the calendar file so they can read the events and make modifications to it (this of course depends on how the user rights have been defined in your server).
Rainy
graph

Re:What is necessary for Network Calendar?? 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Rainy:
Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone point me to how to install on a Win2K server running IIS???

Thanks,
fox7
fox7
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop