Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

"Reading" deleted events from Network Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: "Reading" deleted events from Network Calendar
Re: 7 Years ago  
cheyi: I'm unable to reproduce the problem. If I remove an event on the server it will be removed from the client during the next sync. Can you send me (rainy@iki.fi) the Rainlendar's Debug log from the situation?

SShap: If you change the calendar as &quot;Read-only&quot; (from the calendar's options) does that fix the problem? If not, could you also send me the debug log?<br><br>Post edited by: Rainy, at: 2007/04/06 08:16
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rainy wrote:

SShap: If you change the calendar as &quot;Read-only&quot; (from the calendar's options) does that fix the problem? If not, could you also send me the debug log?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Post edited by: Rainy, at: 2007/04/06 08:16

The problem is still there. If I manually delete the deleted events from my Rainlendar calendar, and then refresh the calendar, the deleted events reappear, even though they have remained deleted in the Airset online calendar. I'm attaching my log file for you to look at. Thanks.
File Attachment:
File Name: rainlendar2-7a1aa1c0227b83b32c11c6c011162300.log
File Size: 13370
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

If the event comes back even after it has been deleted in Rainlendar it would suggest that airset sends it back to Rainlendar. I created an account to airset to try this and deleting a single event did remove it also from Rainlendar but when I deleted a single instance of a recurring event Rainlendar showed it still. The reason for this is that airset doesn't add the information about the deleted event to its ics file.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
If the event comes back even after it has been deleted in Rainlendar it would suggest that airset sends it back to Rainlendar. I created an account to airset to try this and deleting a single event did remove it also from Rainlendar but when I deleted a single instance of a recurring event Rainlendar showed it still. The reason for this is that airset doesn't add the information about the deleted event to its ics file.

Ah, I see. Then I need to complain to Airset. (I only use them because they have an excellent system of syncing with Palm Desktop. Seems no system is foolproof...yet!) Thanks so much.
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop