Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar2 and LAN hard drives
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar2 and LAN hard drives
Rainlendar2 and LAN hard drives 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I bought a shared LAN hard drive and thought that placing my Rainlendar2 calendar file there would make it easy to share & sync the calendar between my laptop and desktop PCs. However, I ran into a problem.

When I placed the .ics file in the LAN drive and set my desktop PC's Rainlendar2 to use the file, everything worked OK. But when I did the same with my laptop (with my desktop PC still on, running Rainlendar2), setting it to use the same file, Rainlendar2 froze / went invisible. When I killed the process and restarted Rainlendar2, I got a "cannot start with current settings" error message.

So, the question is: Can multiple instances of Rainlendar2 on different computers access the same .ics file simultaneously or not? Did this cause the problem?

Can this be fixed, or should I set things up differently?
Skaven252
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar2 and LAN hard drives 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
There shouldn't be any problems with using a network drive to store the events as long as you don't make changes from multiple computers at the same time. You also should make sure that the drive is available when Rainlendar is started (you might have to visit the folder with Windows Explorer before Rainlendar can access it).
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop