Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Editing event categorie symbols/ colours
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Editing event categorie symbols/ colours
Editing event categorie symbols/ colours 8 Years ago  
Hi,

I was woundering if it is possible to change the appearance of the categories for the events. Or if it is possible to add some kind of event of my own (and add some kind of colour and symbol).

I really like rainlendar! And i would like it even more if i could personalize it some more if i could determine my own events and choose the appearance for every event category

Is this possible??

Thnx alot!
Spankey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Editing event categorie symbols/ colours 8 Years ago  
You can edit them in the skin file. Rename it to .zip and go to xml/elements.xml..

I'm currently looking into a way to to have "Work" only show up with the icon and not affect the color of the letters. Is this possible? Tried a couple of different aproaches but I just cant seem to find a way. Problem is, I didn't used to use any profiles, and all other events are default.

All I want is the icon in the corner for work, and then colors when another event is present.
Coward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I just did what you what you told me to do; I opened the skin file with winrar and edited the xml/elements.xml file with word. I did this very drastically, no event has been kept unchanged, I have even renamed (translated) every name. Afterward I saved it back into the skin file.

The only result this had was that all my events turned blue with no symbols... Like some kind of default event... so it did somthing, but not what I intended...

Did I miss a step?? or do I need to edit some more files??

Can someone please help me??
Thnx alot!
Spankey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Spankey wrote:
I did this very drastically, no event has been kept unchanged, I have even renamed (translated) every name.

The categories are referenced with their name in the iCal file. I'm guessing Rainlendar reverted to default because it can't find any of the categories that are referenced anymore.<br><br>Post edited by: Coward, at: 2006/11/04 14:42
Coward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Where can i find this file, and how can I edit it??
Spankey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Spankey, for info on editing the skin view my other post Skinning R2
It concentrates mostly on category editing anyway, as that is all I ever want to do. Didn't read you latest problem. Editing with word may cause problems, but not too likely. Also when you renamed things the is a good chance you renamed things that are referenced in other XML files. If you renamed the categories then you must also edit your events to use those new names.

Coward, I know what you mean. I haven't found a way to leave the color unchanged, but what I have done is have it change the color to white, give it a lesser priority (I think) so that other events will show up on top of it. I'll grab my snippet of code.
Code:

&lt;category id=&quot;Work&quot;&gt;

&lt;appearance target=&quot;1&quot; layer=&quot;0&quot; priority=&quot;0&quot; element=&quot;bitmap.numbers.white&quot; align=&quot;CENTER&quot; /&gt;

&lt;appearance target=&quot;1&quot; layer=&quot;5&quot; priority=&quot;1&quot; element=&quot;bitmap.icon.small.tools&quot; align=&quot;TOP_LEFT&quot; /&gt;

&lt;/category&gt;

Post edited by: he_the_great, at: 2006/11/04 20:04<br><br>Post edited by: he_the_great, at: 2006/11/05 16:13
he_the_great
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Nascent hethegreat

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop