Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Complete Data loss
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Complete Data loss
Complete Data loss 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hi!

As I started my PC a view days ago, my Rainlendar was completely empty. All my events were deleted and also the ToDo List and my settings. The Rainlendar appeared in the middle of the screen and not in the right upper corner.
To make it short: Everything is broken.

No my first question is:
How could those things happen? (I did no system settings with my computer. I just used it like everyday)

The more important question is:

Is there any possibility to recover my events and ToDos? Is there maybe a backup in one file?

I use Rainlendar 2.0.2 (b32)
Plugins: Rainlendar Ini Format v1.1 (b32)
iCalendar Format v1.1 (b32)

My OS is Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.

Thanks for you help.

Have a nice day
Cosmo
Cosmo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Complete Data loss 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
If assume that you haven't changed any of the Rainlendar's settings the only explanation I can think of is that you had made a portable installation and the settings file got deleted (it could happen at least in theory if you e.g. cut the power of the computer while Rainlendar is writing something to the file). Now if the settings file cannot be found from the installation folder Rainlendar will use your home folder for it. And since it's not there either Rainlendar will behave like it was just installed (i.e. like you explained above).

So, check the Rainlendar's installation folder for a file called Default.ics to see if your events and tasks. You could also take a look at your home folder too (C:/Documents and Settings/[Yourname]/.rainlendar).

Rainlendar 2.1 does automatic backups when it is started but unfortunately the feature wasn't in the 2.0.2 yet.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop