Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Events.. gone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Events.. gone
Events.. gone 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
I recently upgraded my rainlendar to the newest version..

Once Rainlendar booted, all my events were gone...!!

I tried going into the manager and exporting the configuration file in the application data folder, but all I get is an "Import Failed" message !!

Please help !
Myros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Events.. gone 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Actually, let me rephrase that... all my default settings have been reseted as well !
Myros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Did you do a portable installation? It will store the settings file to the program folder so Rainlendar is not able to find your old settings or events. Go to the installation folder, rename the rainlendar2.ini file and see if that helps.
Rainy
graph

No... as I remember, I chose the "custom" option.

And even so, the Rainlendar2.ini file is only 3 KB in the program folder, and when I got sick of the Manager Import error, I simply copy-pasted the Rainendar2.ini in the Application folder ( which was 57 KB ) into the program folder, replacing the default file.

And even so, my Events are all gone.. Such a piss-off.. <br><br>Post edited by: Myros, at: 2007/05/07 20:54
Myros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Rainlendar2.ini file does not contain the events. It only has the settings and you cannot import them from the Manager (which is the reason the import fails). By default the events are stored into a file called Default.ics which is located in the same folder where the Rainlendar2.ini is. If you have the Rainlendar2.ini file in the application folder it means that you have installed Rainlendar with the portable option enabled.

So, check if the Default.ics file is located in C:/Documents and Settings/[yourname]/.rainlendar2 folder and import it if you can find the file. Or alternatively do like I told before and rename the rainlendar2.ini file in the application folder so that Rainlendar will search its settings from the default location instead of its application folder.
Rainy
graph

Rainy... you just made my day !!!!

THANK YOU !
Myros
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop