Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Old skins
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Old skins
Old skins 8 Years ago  
Old skins: To install old Rainlendar skins (i.e. the ones that use ini-files) just unzip the skin into the Rainlendar's skins-folder. Make sure that no extra folders are created when you unzip the archive. There must be only one subfolder under the skins-folder where the skin's ini-file(s) are located.

Tried it with RC Notes v1.0. But I can't get the skin to appear as available.

Tried refreshing.
Tried restarting the app.
No go.
hal9001
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Old skins 8 Years ago  
The skin loading fails because there are non-ascii characters in it. There seems to be something else wrong with the skin too. I'll try to fix the ini-skin support for the next release.
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the quick reply.
So... are there any other skins with a white calendar that I can use?
I've been using RC-Notes since forever on the old version, and I can't really get used to the default skin, especially since the calendar has only 1-2 months as options and since it has no background, so it gets kinda hard to deal with it.
hal9001
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I can see the work that you've put into the new version. In general, v2 looks more polished and professional an application. A problem though is that some of the new abilities and customisations are not easy to figure out how to use though I understand more dodocumentation is coming.

What I would really like to see improved though, is the support for the previous generation of skins that used the .ini format. There's so many skins for the old version and lots of people spent time finding the skin that suited just them. I know the new format has a lot more customisability but adding more complete support for the old .ini skins would help so much.

In my case, I was using skAero (I've attached it below). I copied over the old skin to use it in v2 but the Events window wouldn't show and I couldn't find a way to hide my completed tasks in the To Do list.
File Attachment:
File Name: skAeroV2.zip
File Size: 29367
durerca
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

hey durerca, just put that skin on rl, events is showing here, tried alt-3 or right-click,windows, event list ?
the completed tasks can be removed with right-click on a task and selecting hide completed tasks

greets.
PintSki
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks for your reply. I was able to find how to hide the completed tasks but I cannot get the Events window to show up for me. I have tried hiding Events and then re-enabling it, but still the window won't pop up for me so I'm not sure where the problem might be.
durerca
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop