Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

MyPhoneExplorer and Network Shared Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: MyPhoneExplorer and Network Shared Calendar
MyPhoneExplorer and Network Shared Calendar 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
I'm using MyPhoneExplorer to manage the data on my phone (SE K800i) but it seems that you can only access regular calendars on Rainlendar. Not the network shared ones.

So my question is it possible to make a regular calendar duplicate of the network one? I was able to make a new regular calendar and add the events to both of them, network and normal. But that didn't solve my problem since if you delete some event on your phone then MyPhoneExplorer deletes the event only from the regular calendar, not the network one. So there is a ghost left on my computer. So deleting and adding only works from PC to phone, not the other way around.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. There is an option in MyPhoneExplorer to use the network shared calendars, but it isn't working correctly. When adding events through your phone or MyPhoneExplorer they show up in Rainlendar too. But when you try that other way around by adding events in Rainlendar everything just crashes and burns. MyPhoneExplorer doesn't find any events at all after that point. But I think I found out why that is.

MyPhoneExplorer uses linechanges after every tag in the .ics-file (BEGIN:, SUMMARY:, etc.) but Rainlendar doesn't. The whole file is just one long line and that is something MyPhoneExplorer doesn't understand.<br><br>Post edited by: Kalifi, at: 2007/05/13 17:17
Kalifi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:MyPhoneExplorer and Network Shared Calendar 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hmmm... Rainlendar does add the line endings to the ics file. I don't think it's even possible to parse the file if they are missing. If you create a new network calendar with Rainlendar and download the file e.g. with your browser are the line endings missing then too? Does the same happen with local files too?
Rainy
graph

With Firefox it has the line changes, but when you view the file with notepad it doesn't. Wordpad has the changes correctly though.

One solution I came up with was to use Wordpad to open the file and resave it. Then notepad shows the line changes correctly and MyPhoneExplorer understands the file.
Kalifi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

That probably means that the file has unix style line endings. The standard says that they should be CRLF so there might be something wrong with the way Rainlendar creates the ics files. I'll check that.

BTW, I don't recommend using Notepad to edit the ics files. If it contains non-ascii characters it can corrupt the file. I'm not sure about Wordpad but it might do the same.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop