Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Skins Folders invisible in WinVista-Explorer (long
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Skins Folders invisible in WinVista-Explorer (long
Skins Folders invisible in WinVista-Explorer (long 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
I'll confess up front that a big part of this problem is coming to terms with Vista, but it's still pretty weird.

A couple of hours ago I installed Rainlendar 2.1 b38 (Vista Home Premium). This of course with Vista involves all sorts of right clicking and installing as Administrator which I did. R2.1 installed and opened quite normally, showing the one skin that's included in the install (shadow4.r2skin). I then tried to bring over all my old skins (ini format) to the R2 skin folder, which involved again because of Vista all sorts of right-clicking and giving permissions to write to Rainlendar. Managed to copy all of them over, not too much trouble.

I went to change the skin in the options menu, but nothing was in the list except shadow4! Redid permissions, closed Rainlendar, reopened, nada. Refresh - nada. Looked in Total Commander (which I use preferably to windows explorer), and everything was there in the Skins folder.

Now HERE is where it gets strange. I went to Windows Explorer to see what I could learn there and guess what? Win-Explorer shows me ONLY the r2skin file. Nothing else is in the folder according to Win-Explorer. After a lot of fooling around, I gave up and restarted the computer. Voila! In the options menu from Rainlendar the skins are now all visible! BUT in Win-explorer they are still non-existent!

Yes I have long since unchecked the boxes that let windows hide files and extensions, so everything should be visible.

I'm really stumped. I can certainly believe that there's something I've forgotten to do (Vista-wise) but I can't imagine what. I thought I'd tried everything.

Of course I can use all Rainlendar skins the way it is now (insofar as they function with the new version) but I'd sure like to know why Windows explorer is blind to all those folders.
siegbrunn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop