Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Syncing to a USB stick
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Syncing to a USB stick
Syncing to a USB stick 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Just installed Rainlendar2 to my desktop PC. Looks great! Thanks for creating such a useful piece of software.

So... how do I get Rainlendar2 to sync its data to a USB stick? The installer offered an option to install the program itself into a USB drive, but it would take 4Mb of space from the drive. Also; wouldn't it require that you must always keep the USB stick plugged in to see the calendar?

I would like to be able to install Rainlendar2 on the PC so that I always see it, but sync between three PCs (home, laptop, work) using the USB stick. Can that be done?
Skaven252
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Syncing to a USB stick 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
You can put just the ics-file to the usb drive (Options->Calendars). Then just change all Rainlendar installations to use the file from the usb drive.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Thanks! And so I did. Now, though, the problem is that Rainlendar2 always works, but eve events are only visible when the USB stick is plugged in. How do I retain a local version of the data now then? Copy the file to the local drive and add it as a separate calendar, and have them both active?

This could lead to synchronization problems, if I add events to the calendar without having the USB stick plgged in, no?
Skaven252
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You need to define also a local calendar if you want to have the events visible even if the USB memory is not attached. At least in the current version there is no functionality to automatically synchronize two calendars so if you want to keep them in sync you need to have the USB stick attached when you create or edit the events.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Thanks for your replies!

I'm still wondering, what will happen if I first add some events to the calendar on my home PC (with the USB stick attached), then add some other events on my work PC, and then want these appear on my laptop? The USB stick .ics file has all the events, but how do I transfer them to the laptop from there?

By copying the USB .ics file over the local file on the laptop, I suppose? Which will involve some exploration outside Rainlendar2.

At least in the current version there is no functionality to automatically synchronize two calendars
I took the liberty of making a suggestion out of this. <br><br>Post edited by: Skaven252, at: 2006/11/05 13:18
Skaven252
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop