Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hiding todo and events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Hiding todo and events
Hiding todo and events 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Have hunted through the manager and everything else I can click onto but cannot find out how to hide the todo and events until the date of the todo or event occurs.

Any help appreciated.

John
JohnM
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hiding todo and events 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Tasks can be hidden from the todo list's context menu (Hide upcoming tasks). There is no such option for events.
Rainy
graph

Hello,

I am having a problem with is also. Choosing 'hide upcoming', does not have any affect - all tasks show up.

I believe there is a problem with the date being assigned to the task.

Editing the task shows the date being set a some future date (june 18th, 6:30 am, for example (today being the 16th)). BUT, when the mouse is left to hover over the task, the details appear as:

December 31, 1969. 4:59pm.

My computer date is correct, as is the date being shown on Rainlender. It's just the pop-up date which is about 37 years out.

I am running XP (in Canada, which my effect the way the date system is setup, as we use DDMMYY (MMDDYY, in the US, I think).

Thank for any help. Seems like a very useful program. I'm just hoping to get it working 100% for me.

Chris.
bbbrox
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Is the problem also still in the latest beta version?<br><br>Post edited by: Rainy, at: 2007/07/05 14:15
Rainy
graph

Re:Hiding todo and events 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
That fixed it! Thanks.

It took me a bit to figure out that the beta doesn't install... but that I had to simply overwrite the existing files. Once I got that figured out all seems to work fine now.

At this point I'm still trying to determine exactly how useful the actual calendar itself is. It's quite small and doesn't really provide an overview of what's going on or coming up. I guess that's not what it's made to do.

But, with that being said, I do love having my TASK list on my desktop. It's always there! I see it often, and the only way for me to get rid of it is to complete them! Works great.

For me, I think having the ability to select different days and have the EVENTS list update to that day, would be a very handy feature. Having to 'hover' and then read the flyout isn't very useful (to me at least).

I was also hoping to sync with my wife's Rainlendar to show both our daily events on my screen, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. It sounded like it was possible, which was one of the reasons for my download, but documentation seems to be lacking if it is (or maybe I just couldn't find it).

I hope this didn't sound like criticizing, because I certainly didn't mean it in that way. I just thought I would pass along a few thoughts as to what I like and don't like about Rainlendar currently. Obviously if you're still developing this program, then maybe my 2 cents may be useful.

All the best,
Chris.

Post edited by: bbbrox, at: 2007/07/05 13:50<br><br>Post edited by: bbbrox, at: 2007/07/05 13:51
bbbrox
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop