Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

skinning
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: skinning
skinning 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
hkay.. im gonna sound TOTALLY n00by but...
how do i make an image (say postit.png) as the background image for the Calendar window?

im making a simple skin based on the 'postit' file in buuf from Mattahan, and i have the image to the right size, but whenever I change the image, it gets messed up/
i looked in the shadow4 files and found this:
Code:

<bitmap file="(filename)" id="(id)">

so i added a line in my skin.xml file that reads:
Code:

<bitmap file='postit.png' id='calendar.postit'>

and changed the 'calendar.gradient1' to 'calendar.postit'. now it dosnt even show up!

Attached is the skin.xml file im working on

and PS: you can use Notepad as long as you FORCE it to use UTF-8 (save as->file encoding->UTF-8)

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <skin version="1.0"> 
  <info> 
    <version>1.0</version> 
    <author>Rainy</author> 
    <email>rainy@iki.fi</email> 
    <homepage>http://www.rainlendar.net</homepage> 
    <comment>The result of the skinning tutorial.</comment> 
  </info> 
  <elements> 
    <font id="font.normal" facename="Arial" size="12" /> 
    <font id="font.bold" facename="Arial" weight="BOLD" size="12" /> 
    <font id="font.large" facename="Arial" weight="BOLD" size="14" /> 
    <font id="font.small" facename="Arial" size="6" /> 
    <gradient id="gradient.background1" color1="201, 131, 59" color2="237, 170, 100" direction="VERTICAL" /> 
    <gradient id="gradient.background2" color1="237, 170, 100" color2="201, 131, 59" direction="VERTICAL" /> 
    <bitmap file='postit.png' id='calendar.postit' />
  </elements> 
  <window id="Calendar" w="215" h="205" threshold="48" default="1"> 
    <image id="Calendar.background1" element="calendar.postit" x="0" y="0" w="215" h="205" /> 
    <image id="Calendar.background2" element="" x="3" y="43" w="194" h="154" /> 
    <month id="Calendar.month" element="font.large" x="5" y="5" align="TOP-LEFT" /> 
    <year id="Calendar.year" element="font.large" x="195" y="5" align="TOP-RIGHT" /> 
    <calendar id="Calendar.calendar" x="5" y="25" w="190" h="170" layout="GRID"> 
      <weekdays abbreviate="1"> 
        <appearance element="font.small" color="249, 237, 204" align="CENTER" /> 
      </weekdays> 
      <days> 
        <appearance layer="0" priority="0" element="font.normal" color="102, 35, 36" align="CENTER" /> 
      </days> 
      <today> 
        <appearance layer="0" priority="100" element="font.bold" color="249, 237, 204" align="CENTER" /> 
      </today> 
      <events> 
        <appearance layer="0" priority="1" element="font.bold" color="102, 35, 36" align="CENTER" /> 
      </events> 
    </calendar> 
  </window> 
</skin>

Pengunassasin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:skinning 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
I tried the skin but couldn't see anything wrong with it (or well the image with id Calendar.background2 is unnecessary). The background image I used was shown correctly. Have you checked Rainlendar's log file? Does it contain any errors?
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop