Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Remember the Milk
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Remember the Milk
Remember the Milk 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Does anyone else use Remember the Milk with Rainlendar?

I was wondering if there is a way to make recurring items not appear on my To Do list. Rainlendar seems to interpret them as "To Do" items, when really they should be events.

I have an event that occurs every 30 days. When it came up the first time, it showed up as an event as it should. After that date passed though, it now shows up consistently in my To Do list.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks!
Icarus3000

It used to be that RTM items would show up on my To Do list, but
Icarus3000
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Remember the Milk 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
I use Remember the Milk with Rainlendar and have the same problem with recurring tasks appearing multiple times. When I get annoyed by it, I go into RTM and delete the completed tasks.

You can get your to-do list as events by selecting the events ical file in RTM. That one displays all your to-dos as events rather than tasks. I don't think there is a way to mix the two formats.

I'd love to see a plugin based on the Remember the Milk API so I could edit tasks and mark them complete in Rainlendar. I'd be willing to help get one working if necessary .. the API seems pretty simple, although there may be restrictions for commercial use.

Rick.
BlueHeaven
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

How does Rainlendar treat RTM to-dos with no due date? There would be no need to mix the formats if to-dos with no due date were treated as Rainlendar to-dos rather than events.

Recurring tasks appearing multiple times should be an easy enough fix. (says the guy who has no clue what the code for either RTM or rainlendar looks like ).

- Icarus
Icarus3000
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm confused. For me, all my to-dos show up in the to-do section. Those with due dates have the dates after the description. I use the "iCalendar" feed in RTM. If you are choosing the "iCalendar (Events)" link in Remember the Milk, then I'm not sure how tasks with no due dates are handled.

I think the problem with recurring tasks showing up multiple times is due to the way RTM handles them in iCal format. When you complete a recurring task, RTM marks that task as complete, then creates a new recurring task with the next due date. I'm not familiar with the particulars of the ical format, but if this is not the correct way to handle things, I can post a message to the RTM forums to see if it can be fixed.

Rick.
BlueHeaven
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop