Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Network Error - "forgets" ftp-password
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Network Error - "forgets" ftp-password
Network Error - "forgets" ftp-password 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi, I'm using Rainlendar once in a while. And now I thought of registering it.

The problem is, Rainlendar tends to "forget" the ftp-password.

Of course I'm getting this error-message:

If I'm going to manually re-enter it in under calendar-options, it's usually fine, for a while. Then it's forgotten again. I can clearly see, that the dotted password, in the password field, is much longer then the one I entered.

I'm using two on-line calendars, one off-line calendar. It happens to both on-line calendars, sometimes simultaneously, sometimes not.

Is this a bug, or normal to non-registered versions?

Post edited by: Sven2, at: 2007/07/18 13:19<br><br>Post edited by: Sven2, at: 2007/07/18 13:20
Sven2
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Network Error - "forgets" ftp-password 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Rainlendar stores the passwords in encrypted form in the configuration file. Encrypting will increase the length of the string which is the reason why there are more asterisks in the password filed than what you originally typed. Rainlendar will also create a file called randomseed in its configuration folder which is used as the encryption key. If the file gets deleted or modified Rainlendar is not able to decrypt the passwords anymore so you have to enter them again in the options.
Rainy
graph

Re:Network Error - "forgets" ftp-password 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Well, thanks for your answer. but, ok. the password ist stored encrypted. But I've checked it, the password file is still there. I tend to get the same error over and over again. I disabled all other calendars as well. Still, the password seems to be forgotten. Why? Has it something to do with the registered version? I have the same error on two computers.
Sven2
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I have no other ideas what could cause that. It has never happened to me and I don't think I've received any other bug reports about this either. Anyway, keep checking that the contents of the randomseed file doesn't change (it should contain 4 bytes). Also check that the encoded passwords remain the same in the Rainlendar2.ini file (search for &quot;Password=&quot; in the file).
Rainy
graph

Thanks, that's what I'll do and did... but I'll keep checking this. (It's not Windows XP causing trouble when restarting from hibernate-modus, I checked this, it happends from cold restart as well...)
Sven2
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop