Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple months
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Multiple months
Re:Multiple months 8 Years ago  
I just checked and yes it will possibly take more computer resources. Whether it is acceptable or not it is up to everybody.

From my own really basic estimates, Rainlendar v2 is already taking up more resources than the original one (approx 11 megs with the default configuration compared with 3 megs with the previous version).

Once I install my remote calendars and local tasks the memory usage goes up to 19 megs.

The memory usage could surely be lowered but for now it doesn't slow down my system and with all the added functionalities, I'm not the one that will complain.

reptileqc
reptileqc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

reptileqc wrote:
I felt the same way after having installing it and trying to understand the options.

It is in fact a little bit more complicated than the previous version but it still works exactly (if not better) than the original.

Let's say you want to see three calendars (last month, current month and next month). The trick is to go in the Options under Skins (for Shadow 4). Make sure the mode is set to ADVANCED. Then you have to move (from left to right) the CALENDAR item twice. That will create on the right side Calendar.1, Calendar.2 and Calendar.3 (assuming there was already one in there which is the default).

Then under Calendar 1, set the visible calendar to "-1", Calendar 2 should be left at "0" and Calendar 3 should be set at "+1". This will in effect show you three months, the current month, the next and the previous.

Then close the options and let rainlendar reload. You can then move all three months in a vertical line just the way you had it before.

Hope that helps.

I did see that I could do that. But that is a monster work-around for what should be a simple feature. Everytime I move the calendars around on my desktop, I have to move two of them, and line them up together again, also. It's just not the same. Also, skipping forward a month with the buttons only affects the one windowed month, not both.

I am debating NOT upgrading from the last version. Frankly, there really wasn't anything wrong with the last one from what I could see, and it met my limited needs perfectly. I would happily upgrade if it wasn't a downgrade of sorts, for my purposes, at least.

The dual month option actually works quite nicely for me... on the systems where I run the calendars side by side (my dual-monitor rigs, for the most part). But on the systems where I use the vertical format (read: most of them), the old version is superior. Less memory usage, too.

Post edited by: kman, at: 2006/10/30 21:15<br><br>Post edited by: kman, at: 2006/10/30 21:16
kman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The old version is still a good alternative if you want to run a lighter version of Rainlendar and don't need the new features. It's not supported anymore though but if you're not having any problems with it I guess you don't need any support for it

Anyway, it's possible to make vertical version of the calendars with the new version too but that needs to be done by editing the skin. I can add that to the next version.

Attaching png-files to the forum should be now possible too...
Rainy
graph

I still have problems with the new settings, to setup multiple calendars on the desktop. I think this could be improved in one of the next version s of Rainlendar
masu
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Rainlendar 2.4
Windows 7

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop