Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Fix for Linux users
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Fix for Linux users
Fix for Linux users 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Like other Linux users here, I also experienced problems installing Rainlendar 2.2. But I found a way to get past the errors (Rainy, please fix this).

I run Mandriva 2007.1 x86-64. I first attempted a clean install (no previous version of Rainlendar2 installed). I attempted this install using "Konsole" as "su".

1st error dialog box stated:
"Unable to create configuration file:
/root/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini
Make sure that the folder has write permissions."

2nd error dialog box stated:
"Failed to touch the file '/root/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini' (error 2: No such file or directory)"

Command line error msg read:
"Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "ia_ora","

BTW, I have GTK+2.0, ver. 2.10.11 installed.

Next, I installed Rainlendar ver. 2.1; hoping that it would create the missing "/root/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini" file. It did not. BUT, Rainlendar 2.1 functioned perfectly. However, I needed ver. 2.2. So... I logged in as Root and, using Kwrite, created and saved an empty file as "/root/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini". That worked.

I tested Rainlendar 2.2 while logged in as root and it worked perfectly. I then logged in as a user and it still worked perfectly.

I suggest following the same steps that I performed (as some people were unsuccessful in simply creating the "/root/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini" without having first installing Rainlendar 2.1 and attempting the upgrade).

It's a rather long way around that barn, but it works.
rrandall
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fix for Linux users 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Do not run Rainlendar as root (i.e. with su). There is no need to create anything under the /root folder. If you get the error run this:
Code:

touch ~/.config/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini

It will create an empty config file and Rainlendar should start after that.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop