Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How-To: Autostart Rainlendar in KDE
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How-To: Autostart Rainlendar in KDE
How-To: Autostart Rainlendar in KDE 7 Years ago  
I've noticed that several Linux users are having trouble figuring out how to autostart Rainlendar2. I run Mandriva 2007.1 with KDE. Here is a quick super easy way to get Rainlendar2 to autostart with KDE (No scripting required):

1 - Create a shortcut to Rainlendar2 on your desktop (right-click anywhere over the KDE desktop and a floating menu appears. Click "Create New", "Link to Application...". In the dialog box that appears, click the "Application" tab. By the "Command" field, click "Browse". Select the path to "rainlendar2" (it should be something like "/home/randall/.mdk-folders/Rainlendar-Lite-2.2/rainlendar2/"). Highlight "rainlendar2" and click "Open". Now click "OK". Don't worry about the description - unless you just want to change it for general purposes.)

2 - From your desktop, right-click the "Link to Application" that you just created. A floating menu will appear. Click "Cut".

3 - open "Konqueror" (from your Mandriva desktop, double-click on the "Home" icon).

4 - In "Konqueror", click "View", "Show Hidden Files" (this allows you to see folders preceded by a dot. These folders are normally hidden).

5 - Under your "Home" folder, locate the "/.kde/Autostart" sub-folder (for me it is: "/home/randall/.kde/Autostart")

6 - Right click in that folder. On the menu that appears, click "Paste File" (or just hit "CTRL-V").

The next time you start KDE, "Rainlendar2" will automatically start and appear on your desktop (KDE will autostart any program linked from the "/.kde/Autostart" sub-folder).
rrandall
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop