Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Palm desktop calendar support?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Palm desktop calendar support?
Palm desktop calendar support? 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Ive been using palm desktop for years now, long after my palm pda died. but its getting long in the tooth and i downloaded Rainlendar to check it out as a replacement calendar/alarm application. problem is, i cant get my current palm calendar imported into Rainlendar. Does anyone have any suggestions?

a few things ive stumbled upon on the web seem incomplete solutions (ie, repeat events only allowed at 'once per week', which screws up birthdays...). i'll keep looking, of course, but if someone can point me to it faster i'd appreciate it. in the meantime im still having to use my palm desktop instead of rainlendar.

P
Phragmites
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Palm desktop calendar support? 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
further research makes it appear virtually impossible to export/import an entire palm calendar to rainlendar (or any other ics format). it seems im stuck with palm until such time as i want to set up a new calendar from scratch... not a pleasant prospect.

P
Phragmites
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There are ways to do it, although it does involve spending a little money on the solution.

I'll post more information if required.
DaveG
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

i wouldnt want to spend money on it, as it'd be a one-off. but thanks anyway
Phragmites
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, what you need is some sort of PIM website which supports the SyncML protocol, and then you need a SyncML client for your Palm.

This is where the money necessarily comes in. There are two SyncML clients for Palm PDA's. There is "Funambol" and "Synthesis AG".

The former is free (for the opensource "Sync4j" project), although after having tested several versions with two different PIM sites, I cannot get it to work, and the settings of controling sync behaviour are limited.

The latter is not free, but having tesed it against the same sites as I have Funambol, it just works, and there are lots more settings to control your synchornisation.

Sites I have used are ScheduleWorld (Free), MemoToo (free for limited, pay for unlimited). I can reccomend both of these sites. I used ScheduleWorld for a while, but I am planning ot subscribe to MemoToo as it's a much more polished and better featured service.

With both sites, once you have loaded data into your account, you can access an .ics file, which will be readable by many applications, such as Rainlendar.

The only other alternative I can suggest to you, is that you use the Hotsync conduit supplied with your Palm to sync with Outlook (if you have it, or could borrow from a friend who has a windows mobile device), and then you could try out the Funambol client for Outlook (which I have not tried because I don't use Outlook). If that would work for you, you could sign up with ScheduleWorld and grab your .ics file when done.

Post edited by: DaveG, at: 2006/11/12 11:34<br><br>Post edited by: DaveG, at: 2006/11/12 11:37
DaveG
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Palm desktop calendar support? 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Rephrasing the question?

Is there a way to sync Rainlendar to the Palm?

I love rainlendar on my laptop, but sometimes I feel like I have to type in the events and todos twice for it to show up on my palm.

If there was a way to sync the two, could someone post the solution? A walk through or something where one can get a feel of the practicallity of making this happen would be appreciated!

Cheers to Rainy for a great program!

The above explanations and offerings just went over my head! And the links send you to sites with more text to read through.

Please?! ;^)
I really need it in something a 4th grader could understand.

If there isn't an easy solution, I'll understand. But if there is... or the above is the solution, can anyone explain how it works?<br><br>Post edited by: Dynomite, at: 2006/12/22 15:48
Dynomite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop