Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Updated to v2.2 and lost events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Updated to v2.2 and lost events
Updated to v2.2 and lost events 10 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi everyone,
I had the older version of Rainlendar and just updated to the latest version (2.2). I installed it, opened it up and the calendar is empty without all of the events that I had listed in the older version. I tried looking in Program Files but the only folder that's there is Rainlendar2 which (I imagine) is only the v2.2 files. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts on how I can get my old events back? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

JMS
jms132
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Updated to v2.2 and lost events 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
What version you were using previously? If you were using 2.X versions there are couple of ways to lose the events during upgrade.

If you uninstall the old version before you install the new one and answer yes when the uninstaller asks if you want to get rid of the events too, they will be deleted.

The other way is to install a portable version of Rainlendar when you had a normal installation previously. This will change the location of the settings so the old items cannot be found anymore. To fix the problem go to the installation folder and rename the rainlendar2.ini file to something else so that Rainlendar cannot find it anymore. After you restart Rainlendar it loads the settings again from the default location and you should have your events back.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop