Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Setting Start Date on Birthday Event Problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Setting Start Date on Birthday Event Problem
Setting Start Date on Birthday Event Problem 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
Using 2.2 (b45) on 2 PCs; one with XP Pro and the other with Vista.
On Vista PC, I can create a Birthday Event and Quickly set the start year to the persons DOB by clicking on the title of the drop down calendar. On XP Pro, clicking on the title of the drop down calendar for the start date does absolutely nothing and I have to use the left arrow a couple of million times to go back 20 years. I know this has to be some kind of self inflicted wound, but could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Bob.
BobOwen1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Setting Start Date on Birthday Event Problem 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
It's a standard Windows control so I assume Microsoft has done some improvements to it in Vista (I don't have access to a Vista at the moment so I cannot check this myself).
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Setting Start Date on Birthday Event Problem 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thanks for replying Rainy. As I thought, it was some what of a user inflicted error. However, It does work differently between the two operating systems. On Vista, when I choose to set the start date, I click on the down arrow and then anywhere on current date in the header; e.g. on October 11, 2007 and I can easily go back 20 Years. On XP Pro, I have to click directly on the year at the top center of the drop down calendar and use the up or down arrow keys to set the birth year. Strange, but now that I have figured it out, I can live with it...thanks again for responding. Bob.
BobOwen1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop