Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

display multiple clocks for multiple time zones
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: display multiple clocks for multiple time zones
display multiple clocks for multiple time zones 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
I was wondering how many clocks rainlendar can display at once, and if it's possible to set different time zones for each clock. Ideally I'd like an analogue clock/digital clock/date for 3 different time zones to be displayed on my desktop at the same time

great program! I've been using it for a while and love it. If you buy a license is it good for life? or do you have to buy new ones with major upgrades?

-Legatic
legatic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:display multiple clocks for multiple time zones 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
There are no limitations on how many clocks you can have. It's also possible to change the timezones but there are still some issues with the daylight saving time which I'm planning to fix in the near future.

The license is good at least for all 2.x versions.
Rainy
graph

thank you so much for your reply!

I've set it up so I can use 3 "DigiClocks" from the shadow skin for the 3 time zones I want, but I've been having a problem with the analogue clocks.

I've found several analogue clocks in the "Rewind" skin (and not too many others), but it looks like changing the time zone isn't an option on the analogue clocks Are there any skins that include clocks that you can manually set to a certain time zone? I'm not bothered about how they look, I can reskin them myself so long as they have the functionality I need.

Alternatively, is there a way I could edit the Rewind skin so that I can manually adjust the time zone setting on analogue clocks?

Thanks again!
legatic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

anyone have any ideas on changing the time zone on an analogue clock? I still haven't had any luck with it
legatic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Analogue clock has same attributes for change time zone like digital one. See details Help > Skin Format > time.
Alexander
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
skin version="1.0">
window id="Analog Clock" w="108" h="108" threshold="128" default="0">
image id="Analog Clock.background" element="bitmap.clock.background" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="0" y="0" />
time id="Analog Clock.hand.hours" element="bitmap.clock.hand.hours" x="54" y="54" remainder="43200" cx="4" cy="30" timezone="-5" />
time id="Analog Clock.hand.minutes" element="bitmap.clock.hand.minutes" x="54" y="54" remainder="3600" cx="4" cy="40" />
time id="Analog Clock.hand.seconds" element="bitmap.clock.hand.seconds" x="54" y="54" remainder="60" cx="3" cy="40" />
image id="Analog Clock.center" element="bitmap.clock.center" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="50" y="50" />
/window>
/skin>

I tried adding timezone="-5" to the xml of the clock and then recompressing the skin and restarting rainlendar, and it didn't load the clock. When I tried to open the options to look at it, rainlendar just crashed, and I had to delete the skin.

Where did I go wrong?
legatic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2008/01/29 08:01 By legatic.Reason: code

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop