Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Restoring from backup...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Restoring from backup...
#6404
Restoring from backup... 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi, I'm using the pro version. I use it with Outlook 2007. I plug-in to my company's exchange server from multiple locations, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled r2 in full 'portable' mode. Usually (maybe 75% of the time) r2 will remember it's settings from location to location, but the rest (25%) of the time it reverts to factory default, and totally loses its settings (though it does remember which skins are installed). I've noticed that there are 5 backup archives in the r2 Program Files. I can't seem to utilize the backups though. How do I import/install a backup file? I've tried various -command switches. Does the backup even contain settings, or is it just a backup of PIM data? Is there someway for me to fix my Rainlendar? I really like the app, but it's basically unusable in it's current state (or at least a HUGE time drain setting it up a couple times per week).... Thanks. -steve
kunkel321
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 4
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#6416
Re:Restoring from backup... 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
The files in the backup are just zip which contains the settings, your license and the local events. If you want to restore them you need to do that manually by overwriting the files. If you do a backup from the Manager (File->Backup) you can use the Restore option.

The settings are stored in a file called Rainlendar2.ini which in portable installation is in the program folder. Could you check what happens to this file when you lose all your settings (it's a text file so you can open it with a text editor)?
Rainy
Moderator
Posts: 5920
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop