Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to import
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unable to import
Unable to import 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi,

I've been unsuccessful at being able to import version 0.22.1 events into Rainlendar2. I've tried everything I can think of.

Upon install, I'm notified it found the old data and asks if I want to import. I say "yes". The process ran for about an hour and a half at 50% CPU before I killed it. Then I tried importing through the manager. Same result. Then I tried uninstalling and re-installing specifying "No" for "do you want to install for all users." Same result in both importing at install and importing through Manager.

When importing through the manager, I get a message box saying "Imported 375 items succesfully" but the Rainlendar2 task is stuck at 50% CPU and the program does not respond. I have to kill the task. When restarting Rainlendar2, there are no events.

I am able to import "TODO" successfully. My "events.ini" file is 93k.

I can't think of anything else to do. Any advice is appreciated.<br><br>Post edited by: sangfroid, at: 2006/11/17 21:27
sangfroid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unable to import 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Try with build 27 from the beta forum and let me know if has the same problem.
Rainy
graph

Great!

Import went fine and R2 is up and running, thank you.

I have another bug to report, but I don't know if it's something that went wrong on import or whether it's the alarm mechanism.

For today (18-Nov) I have a &quot;birthday&quot; event recorded. Looking at the event after import, it was labled &quot;All day&quot; (which is correct), starting 18-Nov-1946 (correct), ending 17-Nov-1946 (?).

I have another event scheduled for yesterday (17-Nov) at 9:00 AM. Incorrect. The time should be 2 pm. (14:00) and it's alerting me for the 9:00 AM event on 17-Nov (which whould be 2:30 pm on 17-Nov, but ...).

When starting R2, I'm given the alert for the 17-Nov event and no alert for the 18-Nov event.

Ah ... wait ... This has something to do with UTC. Error on import? I'm in Eastern US (UTC-5) time. It looks like either the events are record at UTC but not translated on display or were recorded at local time but translated during import.

In any case, yesterday's alert is showing when starting R2. It's now 6:00 PM (18:00) 18-Nov local time (23:00 UTC).

I'm *pretty* sure I didn't schedule a meeting for 2:30 AM next Tuesday! :&gt;

Thanks.<br><br>Post edited by: sangfroid, at: 2006/11/18 19:20
sangfroid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Could you attach or send me the items that were not imported correctly? You can use the old Rainlendar to export the events or just extract them manually from the ini-file.
Rainy
graph

On their way...
sangfroid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop