Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Is it possible to import/read the .xrs file
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Is it possible to import/read the .xrs file
Is it possible to import/read the .xrs file 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I was tweaking with the advanced options in Rainlendar 2, and when I set the values to fadedelay and fadeduration to 0, Rainlendar disappeared (I also set transparency to 100%). I tried to uninstall and reinstall, and when it asked if I wanted to keep the events/settings, I said yes. That didn't bring it back, so I went into the directory and copied the todo/event.xrs files and uninstalled and reinstalled but with new settings. It works now, but I've lost all events/todo list items. Is there anyway I can get them back? I have the .xrs files saved, but never used the real backup program built into the software.

Hope you can help with any info.

PS - I was wondering if Rain2 had the option similar to Rain1 where the windows would lock together so that if I used transparency/mouse over, everything would be visible, and not individually like it is now.
bobrainlendar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Is it possible to import/read the .xrs file 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
It's possible to reset the settings from Options->Advanced->Reset all settings.

The .xrs files don't contain the events. The events and tasks are stored by default to C:/Documents and Settings/<yourname>/.rainlendar2/Default.ics. So, if you still have the original files available you can import them.
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the reply. The thing was though, I couldn't access the settings tab because my calendar was fully transparent, and when I adjusted the fade variables, it disappeared completely and wouldn't return. There was no other way I could access the options sub menu. Thanks for the tip as well, but with that, if I uninstalled the program, and reinstalled it, would it have overwritten my Default.ics? Thanks again, and fantastic program.
bobrainlendar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Installing doesn't overwrite the events file but uninstallation does delete it if you let it (it should as permission first). Other way to reset the settings is to delete the rainlendar2.ini file from C:/Documents and Settings/<yourname>/.rainlendar2.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop