Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Network Shared Calendar Trouble
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Network Shared Calendar Trouble
Network Shared Calendar Trouble 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
I have set up a shared calendar on icalx. Works fine in principle, with one big show-stopper : every now and then the calendar gets erased completely and only the last event created remains (if any). Has anybody else seen this and is there a fix? Is this a problem with icalx or one with RL2? To me, it looks like RL2 sporadically creates a new calendar instead of modifying the existing one - for whatever reason. That's just a guess, though.

Beat
bludin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Network Shared Calendar Trouble 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
What does the log say? Do you get any errors when downloading the original file?
Rainy
graph

The event in time has already fallen off the log. I'll look out for it next time it happens. To recurring lines that look suspicious (but probably have nothing to do with the problem) are:
10:32:39: Warning: '/..' has extra '..', ignored.
10:33:13: [3:30:09.343] CItemImage::Draw(): Unable to find the element ""

Thanks for your help,

Beat
bludin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The log gets overwritten every time you restart Rainlendar so you need to take a copy of it immediately after the problem occurs.
Rainy
graph

I seen versions of this issue before and it usually happens during an error when updating Network Calendars.

For example a client network calendar has a new/updated event, however the event cannot update the server network calendar, it can led to the newly created events being "lost" and although it is shown on the client Network Calendar, when you do a refresh the Event is no longer shown..

The most extreme versions of issue I have seen is the removal of all events, which is why I always keep the backup calendar turned on..

Version 1.0 had better online/offline event tracking and did not suffer from this concern, I have added a suggestion request for this feature -> www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=27&func=view&id=720&catid=8
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

*Duplicated Post* you can see why I have network event issues <br><br>Post edited by: ozgreg, at: 2006/11/23 19:41
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop