Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

transparency, background & hover
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: transparency, background & hover
transparency, background & hover 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
with RL1, native win transparency off, a mouse hover over any part of the calendar/event/todo etc windows would bring both it and its background (desktop wallpaper) to the foreground over some other open app window.

(i have a tweak ui setting to make win do this, like in 'nix).

with RL2, this behavior doesn't occur, regardless of any transparency or desktop setting. best is that the cal is brought foreward, but since the background isn't, it can't be seen. any ideas?
alta88
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:transparency, background & hover 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Linux doesn't support the mouse hover stuff or native transparency, as you may already know. Copy transparency will take what is behind the window at the time of the load/refresh and use that as the back ground. If that be the desktop, then when you bring it forward you should see the desktop as its background. If I completely missed what you were asking sorry.
he_the_great
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Nascent hethegreat

Do you mean the Auto raise feature in Tweak UI? I tried it and at least in my system it seems to work.
Rainy
graph

yes, auto raise. it's a nice way to fake out a popup calendar by mouseover over a small part of it (i use the digiclock window)..

but 'he' led me to the answer; a refresh, whether auto or manual, will make a new background image with Copy transparency, thus ruining the original if there's a window over the cal.

RL2 seems to auto refresh randomly (or on an unknown schedule). not sure what a solution might be. is there a way to turn off auto refresh (other than midnight) and make it always manual? or always use the background at startup if cal position is locked or something?

this also affect multiple desktops with differing wallpaper - you can only use one of them. or is it ok to run multiple instances of rl against the same calendar files? that might solve that issue.

thanks.
alta88
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

It should refresh the background only if the position of the window changes. I could check if it is possible to make sure that it won't be done for locked windows.

The problem with running multiple Rainlendars is at least that the changes in one place are not automatically noticed by the others.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
It should refresh the background only if the position of the window changes. I could check if it is possible to make sure that it won't be done for locked windows.
i just tried refreshes with both locked and unlocked, and in both cases the window covering part of rl was Copied into the wallpaper background..
Rainy wrote:
The problem with running multiple Rainlendars is at least that the changes in one place are not automatically noticed by the others.
this would be ok, changes aren't that frequent. my only concern would be multiple instances read/writing the same .ics files.

on a side note, i actually think the old toggle for read or read/write was good. i'd prefer to lock all my holiday type non-changing cals; sometimes when adding a new event, the cal file picker will have a holiday cal filled in (doesn't seem to always remember last cal picked), which i would never want. although i would also add that the manager is a brilliant tool that helps find these sorts of errors.<br><br>Post edited by: alta88, at: 2006/11/29 12:25
alta88
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop