Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sunday Next Week
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sunday Next Week
Sunday Next Week 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Note: I have already posted this in the suggest forum however I just got caught again by this wording and I was wondering if this is something I can change before I get caught again

The issue is around how Rainlendar displays upcoming events for Sunday (displays as Sunday Next Week). Now I know, from a pure English point of view this is technically correct, however it is confusing because of the perception of Sunday Next week would be taken as literally Sunday in a Weeks time (try this on your friends and they all assume this) not the Sunday as in Sunday in a few days time.

What I would like to change (or remove) is the wording for Next Week on events that occur in the next six days but cannot see any way of doing this..

Anyone got any suggestions?
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sunday Next Week 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I do like it the way it is currently implemented but then again I'm not a native English speaker. I can make an option of this so that you are able to choose if the "next week" is added to the header for all days in next week or only after 7 days has passed.
Rainy
graph

That would be great Rainy, thanks for that..
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Actually I just noticed the same issue also for events beyond next week, IE Saturday Next Week VS Sunday two weeks time which would be taken as Saturday week and Sunday TWO weeks time.

Further to your post Rainy, how about this as an option either..
Age Future Event Dates From Start of Week
Age Future Event Dates From Current Date

The first is the existing way of showing future events, that is Sunday next week, Monday Next Week, Sunday Two weeks etc..

The Second is based on the number of days from current date, thus the next six days will just show the day, the next 7 to 13 will show Next Week, 14... will show in Two Weeks Time.

Thanks Again Rainy...<br><br>Post edited by: ozgreg, at: 2006/11/29 20:58
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop