Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Repeating events listed twice in Events list
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Repeating events listed twice in Events list
Repeating events listed twice in Events list 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I'm importing my Outlook calendar into Rainlendar2. I have a number of weekly recurring events that are showing up in the Events list twice for the day they're scheduled.

When I open the Rainlendar2 Manager window I see the "Weeks" recurring event listed as I would expect to see it but there are also "Single" events listed for the same calendar activity corresponding to the start and end date range for the weekly event (see attached screen image file).

I've verified that the event is entered correctly in the Outlook calendar (only weekly recurring event in calendar). If I delete either the "Weeks" event or all the "Single" events from the Rainlendar2 Manager then I see just a single event in the Events list. However, when I refresh Rainlendar2 from the menu or restart Rainlendar2 the duplicate listing returns in the Event list.

By the way, I installed the latest beta (b29) and I want to Thank You for the performance improvements you've made since releasing 2.0.1. The import/refresh process from the Outlook calendar is much smoother and faster now.

volmannc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
USN Bottom gun!

Re:Repeating events listed twice in Events list 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Can you attach the Outlook's appointment that shows the problem?

- Open the appointment (Open the series)
- File->Save As
- Change Save as type to "Outlook Message Format (*.msg)"
- Save the file, zip it and attach here.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Repeating events listed twice in Events list 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Turns out this is NOT a bug in Rainlendar. The full scenario is as follows: 1) Export Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook 2003 via XTNDConnect PC, 2) Import Outlook calendar to Rainlendar.

I determined that the issue had something to do with the way the originator of the Lotus Notes meeting notices created the calendar events. I opened the offending Lotus Notes calendar meetings and re-saved the recurring start and end dates. I then re-exported my Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook and the duplicate entries in the Rainlendar Events List disappeared (I verified that the "Single" events are no longer showing up in the Manager window).

I'm sorry I couldn't include the export data you requested. The calendar entries in question contain confidential information my employer wouldn't appreciate seeing posted on a public forum.

Please excuse this miss-reported bug.
volmannc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
USN Bottom gun!

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop