Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

RDP access stops calendar updates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: RDP access stops calendar updates
RDP access stops calendar updates 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
I am using Windows XP Sp3, running Rainlendar Lite Version 2.7 (b91) 32 bit Build on Jul 11 2010

I fi I access my machine via RDP, the tray icon stops updating, and I must stop and start Rainlendar to get it to update. STR:

On Friday the 16th, Start Rainlendar on my office machine. Note that the tray app shows 16.
Go home.
On Saturday the 17th, using another XP Sp3 machine and a Sonicwall VPN, RDP to my office machine. Note that tray app shows 17.
On Monday the 19th, go to office. Note that tray app shows 17.

This was readily reproducible in previous versions of Rainlendar, and still exists in the current version.
ericmorin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/07/19 09:33 By ericmorin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RDP access stops calendar updates 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Does the tray icon update if you change the computer's date when you are connected to it with the RDP?

I tried this with Windows7 but wasn't able to reproduce the problem. If I change the date when connected through RDP Rainlendar updates itself correctly and the tray icon still shows the correct date when I log in to the actual computer (or in my case it's a VM).
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you give me a better sense of what you mean by "change the date"? Do you mean in Rainlendar itself, or in the Windows date/time app? By the way, when I open Rainlendar when in this circumstance, the correct date is highlighted. It's happening now, in fact - the tray app shows 20, but the calendar popup has 22 highlighted.
ericmorin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I mean changing the date in the Windows date and time settings. Rainlendar should notice it automatically and update the tray icon.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Ahh, I see, you were asking me to try something I would not normally do. In the circumstance I am in now, where I am working on the machine via rdp, that did not cause Rainlendar to update.
ericmorin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop