Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Window refresh doesn't function well
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Window refresh doesn't function well
Window refresh doesn't function well 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Every time I started the computer or after awakening up from standby or many times just like that, the Rainlendar on my desktop is interfering with the window of other applications (I use Shadow4). Sometimes Rainlendar's "ToDo" list is peeping through windows of other application or the calendar is showing parts of the window from those other applications.

I tried to vary the position (Options menu - General) to "Background" or "Foreground", "Desktop" or "Standard" but nothing helps.

The only thing which helps is to refresh the Rainlendar screen but this is wasting my time as it is to be repeated every time.

Any solutions?

As it is too difficult to load pictures in this message (at least I couldn't manage after some desperate tries, I eventually can provide you with some examples.
stoffel56
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/03 16:45 By stoffel56.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Window refresh doesn't function well 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Try disabling the native transparency (Options->Advanced->Transparency type). If that helps it means that your display drivers don't support transparent windows properly. You can try to upgrade your display drivers in that case.
Rainy
graph

Re:Window refresh doesn't function well 4 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thanks for your prompt answer!

I already had set "Options->Advanced->Transparency type" to "Copy".

Any other suggestions?
stoffel56
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Can you post a screenshot of the problem? You might have to crop it smaller before you can attach the image.
Rainy
graph

Here is a screenshot:

As you can see, the white is from another window (in this case Firefox).
I changed "Options->Advanced->Transparency type" to "Region" (the one I actually didn't try yet) and the problem seems to be solved but now the "To Do" list and "Agenda" are turned to black (so lost all transparency).
The situation appears to be:
- when choosing option "Copy" or "Native", the screen holds remnants of other screens, leading to this:

- when choosing option "Region" no problems with intertwining windows but the two other windows are turned black (if you wish, I can send you an example of that too).
stoffel56
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/05 15:03 By stoffel56.

The copy transparency means that Rainlendar will take a copy of the desktop and draws the content over it. So, if you have a window in the place where Rainlendar is going to draw its window a part of the window will remain in the background. You can try to adjust the Options->Advanced->"Copy Transparency sleep time" if the background doesn't get copied correctly.

The best option for the transparency is the native which should be supported in all modern operating systems. If you are e.g. using a few years old Linux distro or a low-end graphics adapter it most likely doesn't work.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop