Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multiple tray icons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: multiple tray icons
multiple tray icons 4 Years ago  
Rainlendar tray icon in KDE 4.5 gets re-added after a refresh, or sometimes directly after the start. Sometimes it makes only an empty space instead of a icon.

Tested with version 2.7, 2.8, build 85 and 95.

Better an image to show the problem.
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Birthday: 02/03
The administrator has disabled public write access.
What I hear, I forget. What I say, I remember. What I do, I understand. -Laozi/Confucius

Re: multiple tray icons 3 Years, 12 Months ago  
Yes, this is a known issue. The tray icon is handled by 3rd party library so fixing it in Rainlendar's code is somewhat difficult.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Other wxwidgets applications don't have this problem. Or is the library that handles the tray icon not wxwidgets? I can only imagine that there is something wrong in the implementation of the tray icon in Rainlendar.

the wxwidgets development branch of wxwidgets 3 fixes some bugs affecting the tray icon, but Rainlendar build 85 which uses that branch of wxwidgets has the same problem.

regards
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
What I hear, I forget. What I say, I remember. What I do, I understand. -Laozi/Confucius

Can you point me to a wxwidgets application which has a working tray icon in Linux? Note the application needs to update its tray icon or otherwise the problem would not show.
Rainy
graph

Re: multiple tray icons 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
In Rainlendar if I enable and disable the "Show tray icon" option repeatedly, then the same happens.
But if I do the same in aMule ("Enable tray icon") it works normally, no multiple tray icons or empty spaces.

In the screenshot, the vertical bar in the right of the mule shows the download speed, which gets updated, but the tray icon doesn't move from its position.
The empty spaces are produced when I click "Refresh" in Rainlendar, click "Show tray icon" or sometimes when Rainlendar is started.
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: multiple tray icons 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
The only difference I can spot is that amule doesn't remove the tray icon when it is updated but Rainlendar does. I can remove that part of the code and see how things work after that.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop