Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cannot dismiss the calendar notification
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Cannot dismiss the calendar notification
Cannot dismiss the calendar notification 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
I'm using Rainlendar Pro version 2.7 (b91) 32-bit with Google calendar at home.

At work, I'm using Outlook's calendar which is then 1-way merged to my private Google calendar with Google Calendar Sync program. We just started to have daily meetings at work, and at least yesterday Rainlendar notified me about last Friday's meeting. When 'Dismiss All' is pressed it stays away for a brief while and then comes back again. Same thing with 'Snooze All', although with snooze the notification stays hidden longer. Only way to get rid of the notification is to delete the actual event from the calendar.

For some reason, today it started to notify me about Monday's meeting - otherwise the notification behavior is exactly the same as with Friday's meeting.

How to really fix this situation?

Thanks,
-Pasi
pasmon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot dismiss the calendar notification 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
Try first the latest beta version and check if the problem has been already fixed in the newer builds. If it still happens can you try if the alarms are shown in the Google Calendar's website and if you can dismiss them from there? Are you able to create similar event manually in the Google Calendar's website or does the problem only happen when the Outlook event is synchronized to Google Calendar?
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Actually the problem disappeared for a couple of days but it's back now.

I rarely have to dismiss the alarms from Gmail (usually I don't have the Google Calendar open), but I've seen them and I'm always able to dismiss them from there. It seems that only this one daily event is the troubling one, I have some events created directly to Google Calendar and there's no problem with them.

I'll give the latest beta a go, do I install it by extracting the package to the installation directory, overwriting everything there?

-Pasi
pasmon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You can extract the contents over your current installation or to an empty folder if you want just to try it out.
Rainy
graph

I'm now using Rainlendar v2.8 (b99) 64-bit and today the issue seems to be with the event of Thursday last week.

So no, the beta doesn't seem to help with this issue.

Further things I tried, by deleting 'this instance' through Rainlendar the event gets deleted for a while but comes back somehow soon after. Deleting the 'Whole event' is the only way to fix this with current Rainlendar versions I've tried.
pasmon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Would it be possible for you to send me the Outlook event which causes the problem? I can try to sync it to my Google calendar and see if I can reproduce the problem. You can send the event to the Rainlendar's support address (save it in the Outlook Message Format *.msg and zip it before sending).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop