Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

FTP not working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: FTP not working
FTP not working 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi,

first of all Iīd like to thank you for creating this amazing piece of software. you definitely made my day

but there is a problem linked to the included ftp support (maybe itīs just a misconfiguration from my side, but I dont think so )

so hereīs the bug(?):

from the ftp server log Iīve seen that rainlendar2 tries upload a .tmp file to the ftp dir and then rename it via RNFR blabla.ics.tmp & RNTO blabla.ics. Since there is still the blabla.ics on the server this will result in "550 file exists".
Maybe itīs just me, but this shouldnīt work with any ftp configuration.
there are two ways to fix this:
1st: del blabla.ics and upload the edited blabla.ics file at once.
2nd: before doing the RNTO blabla.ics delete the old blabla.ics

Please include this in the next beta!

My configuration:
Rainlendar2 2.0.1 b30
Filezilla Server 0.9.20 beta.
all windows setup, the ftp user has every right on that dir/files.<br><br>Post edited by: s33k, at: 2006/12/21 21:26
s33k
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:FTP not working 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Well, at least proftpd worked fine when I tried it the last time. I'm not sure what the standard says so it might be that it works against it.

Anyway, I'm aware of the problem with the rename and I tried to change it so that the original file would be deleted before the .tmp is renamed but there were some problems with delivering the commands to the ftp server. I'll get a newer version of the library I'm using for the ftp transfer to see if that fixes the problem.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop