Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Times Changing Randomly!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Times Changing Randomly!
Times Changing Randomly! 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
When Rainlendar opened today, the times for some but not all of the events changed. For example, an appointment scheduled for Friday at 9:20 AM suddenly appeared as scheduled for 11:00 PM. I fixed everything. When the calendar refreshed, a few of the dates were wrong again. What's going on? I now can't be sure that others are correct--and I don't want to miss appointments because I relied on Rainlendar to tell me when they were! I'm using the default calendar only now--no Shared Network calendar or any attempts to sync with anything else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Times Changing Randomly! 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Similar problem here, but slightly different.

For me, editing an event almost always causes a semi-random change in the start time and often a change in the ending time, as well.<br><br>Post edited by: carluva, at: 2006/10/31 14:57
carluva
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Okay, further information. The problem (at least, the one I'm having) happens when a recurring event occurs both before and after a Daylight Savings time change. We changed from Daylight Savings to Standard Time last weekend, and all of my recurring events (classes) started back in August, under daylight savings time.

As shown in the screen shot attached, the event list view shows the correct starting and ending times. Opening the manager reveals recorded times of an hour later (corresponding to the equivalent times during DST). Editing the event is where it gets really juicy. The starting time is shown an hour later than it should be, while the ending time is shown correctly!

Apologies for the hard-to-see image, but size limits are size limits. If you look closely, the event view shows 13:30-14:25, the manager shows 14:30 to 15:25, and the editor shows 14:30 to 14:25 (no changes made after opening the event from the manager view).<br><br>Post edited by: carluva, at: 2006/10/31 16:35
carluva
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Try with build 26 (in beta forum).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop