Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Suggestion: access to an error log
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Suggestion: access to an error log
Suggestion: access to an error log 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
Every so often, when I open rainlendar (on startup) I get a google error, saying that the calendars have been moved temporarily. Then at some later point they open normally.

Thing is, I can start rainlendar as debug, and read the debug log from the icon tray icon - but if it hasn't gone wrong when I do that I can't really do anything about the problem.

I would like to suggest an option switch that will always save a debug log, probably the last 6 in a named sequence, so that I can catch the problem when it does happen. As things are I only have the capture dialogue which is not too informative.
bobharvey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Suggestion: access to an error log 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
When you said that "I can start rainlendar as debug" I suppose that you're are talking about the --debug or "Rainlendar Debug" mode. www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&Itemid=26#faq21

The rainlendar.log file is stored in the user folder. You don't need to read the debug log from the tray icon. You can also be monitoring the file with any file manager.

I think that the rainlendar.log file only is erased after closing the app and starting again.

I'm not using Google Calendar, so I don't have this problem. I'm not trying to be annoying, but isn't more easy to wait when it gone wrong and then look at the log file? I don't understand.

( Another thread with the same trouble: www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&id=15382&catid=3#15382 )
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

>'m not trying to be annoying, but isn't more easy to wait when it
>gone wrong and then look at the log file?
Well I had no idea that there was a log file for every start. I've always associated it only with a debug start.

Next time it goes wrong I shall have a look at the location you suggest.

That was the essence of my suggestion - that there always be a readily accessible log file.
bobharvey
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The problem with the "invalid max-results" error actually has been solved already and a fix will be released with the next build.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop