Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google calendar: Repeating events and DST
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Google calendar: Repeating events and DST
Google calendar: Repeating events and DST 3 Years ago  
The behavior of Daylight Savings Time for repeated events in Google calendars appears to be different between events created in Rainlendar and events created in Google Calendar. For example:

Create event in Google Calendar starting at Monday Oct 24 9am-10am repeating weekly until Monday Nov 28.
Observed result: Events appear at 9am-10am every Monday from start to end dates both in Google Calendar and in Rainlendar.

Now try the same thing but create the event in Rainlendar rather than Google Calendar.
Observed result: Events appear correctly in Rainlendar every week, but in Google Calendar, for every week after the Daylight Savings Time change, the event is moved up an hour to 8am-9am.

Running v2.9 (b111) 32-bit on Windows.
SlantNGo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Google calendar: Repeating events and DST 3 Years ago  
That happens because Rainlendar sends the events in UTC to Google so the timezone and DST information isn't included. Correcting this would require full timezone support to Rainlendar and even though it is in my backlog it requires a lot of work so implementing the feature will take a while.
Rainy
graph

Re: Google calendar: Repeating events and DST 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
you are not alone. I had reported this issue as well . unfortunately it was a deal breaker for me. I need a calendar I can rely on so I went with desktop icalendar. In my opinion, it is not as nice as rainldar was , but it is more reliable when adding events of any kind.
graevon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/01 21:32 By graevon.

Re: Google calendar: Repeating events and DST 10 Months ago  
has this situation ever been resolved?
graevon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Google calendar: Repeating events and DST 9 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
There have been improvements to the time zone handling in Rainlendar. I don't know what exactly the problem was that you were having so I can't tell if it is solved or not.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop