Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Week number oddities
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Week number oddities
Week number oddities 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,

I'm using Rainlendar 2.02 and I would like to have my calendar start the week on Sunday. If I do that, the week numbers are off by one week. For example, the first week of January is now week 52 instead of week 1.

I tried to compensate by setting the WeekNumberDelta to 1. This fixes the first week of January, but now the last week doesn't have a week number at all!

I suspect that this:

o Some fixes to WeekNumberDelta feature so that it doesn't show negative/too large values.

might have something to do with it?
fopo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Week number oddities 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Currently Rainlendar supports only week numbering as defined in ISO 8601. If you need to use some non-standard week numbering the WeekNumberDelta can be used to adjust the values but it probably needs to be readjusted every year.
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy,

I know that Rainlendar is following the ISO 8601. And according to that definition, today January 12th is in week 2. However, if I set Rainlendar to start the week on Sunday, it says that today is week 1.

If Rainlender were to follow ISO 8601, then no matter how the week is displayed, January 12 should always be in week 2.

Using WeekNumberDelta partly solves my problem, but now Rainlendar stops displaying the week number for the last week of the month.
fopo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

ISO 8601 also defines that a week starts from Monday. If I remember correctly Rainlendar checks the week numbers from the first day it draws on the row so if that's something else than Monday you'll probably get incorrect results.

Anyway, the problem with the missing week number from the last week is a bug. It only happens if the adjacent days are not visible. I'll fix that.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop