Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight
Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi,

It seems that the day shown in the tray icon doesn't change until Rainlendar2 is restarted or windows is hibernated, that didn't happen in Rainlendar1.

-WindowsXP SP2
-Tested with several skins
-Rainlendar version 2.0.2 (b32), working only with ICalendar files

..personally I liked that feature in Rainlendar1 but now I'm never sure if the day shown is the correct day (I work a lot overnight..)
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Yes. The bug exist!
I use Rainlendar version 2.0.2 (b32) in a Notebook and always hibernal it for the next work day. Always that I resume my hibernated session, I have to close and open Rainlendar to have tray icon day updateded.
crushnvd
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm unable to reproduce this. If I change the date from the Windows Date and Time properties the tray icon gets updated immediately. It also updates correctly if I let the clock run past midnight.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Just wondering... could this have something to do with timezones?? like the tray icon updates the day just at midnight of one specific -fixed- timezone.. and that's why it doesn't work for some people.. which timezone do you belong to?

I don't know.. just to rule out possibilities..

Thanks
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

My timezone is UTC+2 but that shouldn't matter since Rainlendar is constantly checking if the computer's local date has changed.

So, even if you change the date manually the tray icon is not updated in your system? Does it update if you select Refresh from the context menu?
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Hi, yes it doesn't have anything to do with timezones, not very plausible idea but just to rule out things..

Today is 14th and the tray icon still shows '13', I've left my computer on all night.. The calendar "window" shows the correct day (marked with the red-circle - standard skin).. About your questions:

-If I select Refresh in the context menu nothing happens!
-If I change the date, forward or backward (tested with some minutes and some hours) and I wait like 15 seconds after just in case -> nothing happens.
-If I change the date to Monday 15th, one alarm windows shows the events for 'today' but the tray icon doesn't change.. I changed it to Saturday 13th and then again to Sunday 14th and still the tray icon is freed. I have to say that the red circle in the calendar was updated correctly each time.
-I've just tried to hibernate and de-hibernate windows and still nothing happens..
-Finally I re-started Rainlendar and now a beautiful '14' is shown in the tray icon..

No idea :-/
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop