Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight
Re:Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
New findings:

-Now that I just restarted Rainlendar I tried to change the date of my laptop to the 15th, and then 14th and then 13th and then 14th again.. and now it works! the tray icon changed every time.. I'll see tonight.. but this is quite weird..

-Before I forgot to mention that Rainlendar1 never failed (in the same laptop and OS).. but tonight I'll run the two versions at the same time and see what happens..
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

After all those tests Rainlendar updated the tray icon properly for 5 days... (and it was the first time that worked since I installed it, almost one month ago..)

But today that stopped working again, the tray icon is stucked at 26, and it doesn't respond to the Refresh menu command..

I think this has to do with hibernation.. but it doesn't happen each time the laptop is hibernated so I don't know

I think windows is reporting the right day to Rainlendar because in any Calendar view the right current day is marked with that red circle..

Is there any difference in the code in getting the system date to update the calendar and to update the tray icon???
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The code is the same but for some reason Windows doesn't change the tray icon if it's done immediately after the computer wakes up from hibernation. In the current implementation Rainlendar waits 15 secs before it updates the icon but I guess it still doesn't work always.
Rainy
graph

Re:Day in tray icon doesn't change after midnight 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Still happens radomly, I never know if the day shown is right or wrong..

Sorry to keep this up but that never happened in Railendar 1, maybe reviewing the differences between both versions can throw any light on the misbehaviour...

Cheers
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I did some changes to the tray icon handling but since I'm not able to reproduce the problem I cannot tell if it helped. So, try with build 34 once it gets released (probably in couple of weeks) and let me know if it works now.
Rainy
graph

great, thanks!
rubens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop