Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Entry note changes not being saved sometimes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Entry note changes not being saved sometimes
Entry note changes not being saved sometimes 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
I thought I'd imagined this the first few times it happened but it just happened again as clear as day...

On several occasions I've opened an entry and edited the notes. I'd then press OK and, instead of saving and closing the window, a second or two later the notes would change back to how they were when I opened the entry (i.e. undo the changes I'd just made) and the window remains open.

I don't know how to reproduce this but as I say, I've seen it several times now.

I'm running Version 2.0.2 (b32)
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Entry note changes not being saved sometimes 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Does this happen with local events (i.e. not with network shared ones)? How did you open the dialog (e.g. by double clicking the day in the calendar)? Does it happen only when you edit existing events or also when creating new ones?
Rainy
graph

Hi,

As it doesn't happen all the time, I can't recall the exact circumstances I'm afraid but I do tend to work the same way each time so I can make an educated guess.

1 - It would only be with local entries. I wouldn't be messing with notes on a network entry (is that even possible?)

2 - I almost always double click an entry to open and edit it.

3 - I've only noticed this when editing an existing event. Not sure how it would show itself in a new entry as there wouldn't be a previous version of the note to revert to.
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Would it be possible that there was two edit dialogs on top of each other? So, when you click OK in one of them the other still stays open and shows the old contents.
Rainy
graph

Good thinking - that would certainly explain what I saw. I can't say for sure that is what happened but it sounds reasonable.

I just tried opening an entry twice (so there were two windows open) and it's certainly possible. Maybe once an entry is open a second window shouldn't be possible?
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Yes, that might be useful. Although, it would mean that I'd had to implement some kind of global list of all open dialogs or just make the edit dialog modal. I'll think about it.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop