Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

to do list problems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: to do list problems
to do list problems 2 Years ago  
Hi all,

I've been a very happy Rainlendar user for a couple of years, but I've only recently started using Todo lists.

They work great most of the time for basic tasks, but I've been having problems when I try to do something a bit more complicated:

1 - If I assign categories to a task, then the icon appears in the todo list for a few minutes, then it disappears and i get the same task repeated. For example, if I make a task, and call it 'phone home' and give it a category of 'calls', then i see a phone icon appear in front of the text, but a few minutes later (after a refresh?) the icon vanishes, and i see two 'phone home' entries in my todo list, one with an icon and one without. A few minutes later, i only see one entry, with no icon. Please see image below. Time goes from left to right.

2 - I also have a similar problem when i try to assign sub-tasks. They appear to be indented correctly in the list, but a few minutes later, i see two entries. For example, if I make a new task called 'phone calls', then add subtasks 'phone dad' and 'phone bank', then i see the tasks indented correctly for a few minutes, but soon they get duplicated. They also get duplicated in gmail too.

Is this a known problem, or does it only happen to me?

I'm using Rainlendar Pro 2.10 (b120), and windows 7x64
mickey_megabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: to do list problems 2 Years ago  
Are you using Google Tasks? It doesn't support categories so the information will get cleared once the task is read back from the server. Make also sure that you are not trying to save the same task to multiple calendars as it will get duplicated.
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the reply, Rainy.

Yes, I am syncing with google tasks, so I can view my to-do's on my android device.

I guess I'll have to stop using categories with my tasks.

I'm not using multiple calendars as far as I know, so I don't understand why my subtasks are being messed up.

I guess I'll also have to stop using sub-tasks.

Thanks again.
mickey_megabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I've been struggling with this all day, and now it has got worse!

Now ALL my tasks are being duplicated even if I don't assign categories or indent.

If I add a task through gmail or my phone, then it doesn't get duplicated.

I've even tried installing on another computer, but it happens there too, so I don't think it's a problem with my rainlendar settings.

I'm sure that I've only got one calendar (or does an offline copy count as two calendars)?

=========================================================

*edit* I tried disabling offline copy, and that seems to solve the problem - but then I lose offline functionality.

I really can't understand what's going on.
mickey_megabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/09 14:42 By mickey_megabyte.

Re:to do list problems 2 Years ago  
Because, if create a task from gtask, is all normal,
So, this is my current workaround :
a). Create a task (not sub-task).
b). Refresh Rainlendar (If you had checked "keep offline copy", please refresh twice, and delete the redundant),
which can be the source of the information into gtask.
c). Then you can drag the task into subtasks,
d). And can assign categories to the task (If you had checked "keep offline copy").
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:to do list problems 2 Years ago  
thanks for your help anoob.

i've decided that i'm not going to use any subtasks in the future.

i also want to keep my offline copy, so my workaround is just to make a task, refresh, then delete the duplicated and redundant entry.
mickey_megabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop