Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple To-Do Lists
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Multiple To-Do Lists
Multiple To-Do Lists 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hey, all! Nice to meet you.

I've recently discovered Rainlendar and I'm having a blast with it -- I think I finally found the productivity tool I was looking for.

But I'm having trouble with the To-Do List ... I want to use multiple task lists so I can keep track of different things (work, personal life, sports, etc..)

I've followed the step-by-step guide (even though it's a bit outdated; the "visible calendars" field don't exist anymore in 2.10 (b120) - there are "Include Calendars" and "Exclude Calendars"), but something odd's happening:

• To use multiple tasklists, I need to create them in the Skins. OK, no problem.
  • When I configure the task lists to display only one calendar and exclude another, the Todo.List1 will inherit the restrictions of Todo.List2, and the latter stays blank.
  • Attempts to address the issue yield no positive results so far.

Can anyone help me out here? BTW, all calendars are local, so as to avoid incompatibility issues right now (Google Task can be unfriendly, at times. )
The Gadgeteer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple To-Do Lists 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
If you want to have 2 lists for 2 differents calendar what you have to do is (e.g.):
- You have 2 calendars called "CALENDAR 1" and "CALENDAR 2"
- In the 1st To Do List, select "CALENDAR 1" as "Included calendars" and leave "Excluded calendars" as empty.
- In the 2nd To Do List, select "CALENDAR 2" as "Included calendars" and leave "Excluded calendars" as empty.

What you want is only to include a calendar. (the other way is to exclude all calendars except the one what you want, but this isn't good if you have too many calendars). If both are empty, all calendars are selected.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/07/15 15:51 By Jorge_Luis.

Re:Multiple To-Do Lists 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Tried that. It didn't work; the problem persists exactly as described: List1 will inherit List2's configurations, and the latter gets wiped (configs are blank).

Somewhere, somehow, there's an inheritance routine that is misbehaving.
The Gadgeteer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/15 16:51 By The Gadgeteer.Reason: Minor edit.

Yes. You're completely right. Something might be broken in one of the last updates.
It not happen only with the to do list, but also with the event list. Looks like the options is cutting the ".#".

The steps would be (for Rainy):
- Add a event/todo list.
- Add a second event/todo list.
- Include/exclude a calendar/category in 2nd list.
- The 1st list is updated automatically as the 2nd. When acepting the changes, checking the ini file, the 1st is stored with the changes and 2nd is empty.

---

As a workaround, to avoid changing the included/excluded with the options dialog, you can do the next:
- Close rainlendar2
- Go to the user folder (see FAQ)
- Open rainlendar2.ini with any text editor
- Search for "OverriddenSettings/Shadow4/Event\ List.1", "OverriddenSettings/Shadow4/Event\ List.2", "OverriddenSettings/Shadow4/Todo\ List.1", "OverriddenSettings/Shadow4/Todo\ List.2" and changes these lines:

(this is just an example)
IncludedCalendars=Birthday
ExcludedCalendars=
IncludedCategories=
ExcludedCategories=Clients;Competition

- Save the file
- Run rainlendar2 again

---

EDIT: I've just realized that this happens with any skin, not only with the lists. I duplicate my Compact Calendar and I saw the same behaviour.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/15 17:26 By Jorge_Luis.Reason: MORE INFO

I trace this bug up to beta 118.
Beta 117 is the last working right. Maybe something related to:
Rainlendar2 Changes
-------------------
[2.10 Build 118] - 20 May 2012
o The window specific settings dialog can be opened from the windows submenu.

Also, when I try to change the options from the submenu, the changes aren't stored.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/15 19:14 By Jorge_Luis.

Hey, I found the perpetrator!
Underneath [OverriddenSettings/Shadow4/Todo\ List.1], there was a suspicious-looking line:
  • LinkedWindow=Shadow4::Todo List.2

When I took it out, things proceeded like they were supposed to!

But why the program inserts this line? I mean, somewhere along the code, something must execute to put it there ... right?

Anyway, just sharing this with everyone. My problem (hopefully!) has been solved!

EDIT: Okay, so it's not that easy; when adding new ToDo lists, the last list will always f*** everything up. It basically inherits all the previous values; might have something to do with the way the .INI file is written -- the last configurations for the ToDo lists are the first to be loaded. Maybe the loader and the compiler don't like playing with reverse orders?
The Gadgeteer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/15 21:42 By The Gadgeteer.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop