Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Moving an event between two Google calendars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Moving an event between two Google calendars
Re: Moving an event between two Google calendars 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
I tried this with three calendars and two of them gave the conflict error when deleting the event immediately after it was created. The one which works is the first calendar that has the same name as your Google account.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not on my side.

I can delete any event in any of those two editable calendars without any errors.

Also, I can switch any event between any of these two calenders. With our without refreshing Rainlendar. No problem at all.

It just doesn't work with the offline copy activated.
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/08/03 08:08 By Loom.

Can you send me (use the Rainlendar's support address) Rainlendar's debug log when you do this? Create two new calendars to your Google account and disable all the other calendars so that the log doesn't contain any unnecessary data. Then create a new event and move it between the calendars (or whatever you need to do to get the error). Please create two logs; one with the offline file disabled and another one with it enabled.
Rainy
graph

Just did this.

Strangely, I now get the same error as you did.

Moved an event from calendar 1 to calendar 2, and got the "conflict"-error.

When I looked into the calendar web-interface, the event was not moved, just an additional entry in the other calendar.

Since adding and deleting an event in Rainlendar works without problems, maybe you could design the movement as a delete followed by a re-entry ? I mean, kinda like doing it the manual way.
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/08/03 10:03 By Loom.

It actually does it like that. If the event should be moved to another calendar it will be deleted from the old calendar and a new event will be created to the other calendar. Are you able to create and delete the event manually in both of the new calendars that you created?
Rainy
graph

The error you wrote about I got, when I changed the calendar within the event dialogue itself.

It works however, when I manually delete and re-add an entry to the second calendar.
Just tried it several times. Same entry (Name, Time etc ..) about 10 times, it worked all the time, from one calendar and back to the other.

Maybe, when you do it in the event dialogue itself, the time span for deletion and re-creation is too short, thus giving the 'conflict' error ?
Loom
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/08/03 11:49 By Loom.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop