Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray
Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray 2 Years ago  
If I select show desktop so that Rainlendar minimises to the tray it reopens again as soon as a select another progam on my taskbar.
This happens even though I have 'normal' selected from the Position options of (on top, bottom, desktop, normal). Correct me if I'm wrong but this is not 'normal' behaviour for any other program that minimises to the tray??

It is rather annoying when I what the desktop to be shown and I am working backwards and forwards between a particular application and desktop. Probably more so because I use rainlendar with the week view just about fullscreen. (on a side note a full screen option would be good too!).

I was hoping this was just a bug with XP but I now find it behaves exactly the same on a fresh install of Win 7 64.

Thanks in advance
Vladimir81
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray 2 Years ago  
Windows seems to do that for all tool windows automatically. It works the same way with the Task Manager too if you change it's mode by double clicking it (at least on XP). The only way to fix this that I know of is to make Rainlendar a normal window but that will also add it to the taskbar.
Rainy
graph

Re: Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Thanks for the reply...
I'm not too sure what you mean, Rainlendar is the only program that seems to behave like that for me. Any other program that minimises to the tray stays minimised to the tray until I open it again ie. Skype, AVG. Winamp has an option to either minimise to the tray OR minimise to the taskbar as a 'normal' window.
Is there a difference between these 'programs' and the term 'tool window'?
I would far rather Rainlendar be a normal window that sits on the taskbar if that is the easiest solution or how about an option like Winamp that gives the user the choice.
Cheers
Vladimir81
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Rainlendar won't stay minimised to tray 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
I tried with Winamp and it works the same way. If it is removed from the taskbar it will automatically pop up after the "Show desktop" command when another window is activated. Making Rainlendar visible in the taskbar is not really an option since each window would add its own button. It's probably possible to combine the windows somehow but I haven't checked this.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop