Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Recurring tasks alarm bug
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Recurring tasks alarm bug
Recurring tasks alarm bug 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
i've run into a case where i have recurring tasks with alarms set. at some point the alarms stopped working.

i've also noticed that this might have been fixed in version 2.10 beta 112 because there is a fixed there described as Cancelling or completing a recurring task disabled the next alarm instead just the current alarm.

however, i am now running the latest stable release, version 2.10 beta 120 and i still see the issue of my alarms for recurring tasks not popping up.

is this a case that because of the original bug that the alarm will never work for an task that was set up prior to the bug fix?

if i re-edit the task will that correct the alarm issue?

if you need to know the contents of a file (is it default.ics?) let me know and i'll clip out the portion for the last alarm that did not pop up. just let me know the first and last line that should be clipped in the text block.

thanks!
gwa999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Recurring tasks alarm bug 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
It would be better if you can give me exact steps how to reproduce the problem. E.g. what kind of recurring task should be created and what needs to be done that the alarm doesn't trigger anymore. You can move your computer's clock forward when testing so you don't have to wait for the next day for the alarm to pop up.
Rainy
graph

i've attached a few files in the hopes that you can solve this.

Screenshot #1.jpg and Screenshot #2.jpg are the dialogs that describe the alarm that was set up i believe in february of 2011.

assuming that i am looking at the right file that contains all of the tasks, events, etc. (Default.ics in a .rainlendar folder) the following two files contain snippets of that file

ICS (Before).txt is a snippet after the alarm should have popped (on 10/5) but before i "Completed" it.

ICS (After).txt is a snippet after i "Completed" it.

as far as your statement of what needs to be done that the alarm doesn't trigger anymore i'm not sure what you are looking for. i set the alarm up in february 2011 and at some point the recurring alarms stopped popping up which was indicative of one of the bugs fixed in the 112 beta. so there is really nothing that needs to be done from my point of view. the alarms simply do not pop up when they should.

i'm reluctant to move my clock ahead for testing for fear of messing any time dependent stuff i have installed on my system.

if i get a chance i may try to test this in a virtual environment however i'm suspecting that new tasks that are created will work correctly since the "recurring alarm bug" was fixed in beta 112. however, the question i pose is, does this fix correct the issue for already existing tasks that were set up prior to beta 112. this is one of the reasons why i attached the "Before" and "After" ICS files.

File Attachment:
File Name: ICS__Before_.txt
File Size: 480
gwa999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/10/07 10:22 By gwa999.

here are the other files. i did not know if you can post multiple image files in the same post.

File Attachment:
File Name: ICS__After_.txt
File Size: 480
gwa999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Recurring tasks alarm bug 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
@Rainy:
After tested, I think that the problem occurs in:
when alarm (pop-up) window visible, if directly set the task as "Completed", although the alarm window will disappear, but the item on the task-list still displays the old expiration date and no change (it should automatically become the next expiration date), so the user must set the task as "Completed" once again, and this make the displayed next expiration date is inconsistent with marked.
Hope you understand what I say.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:Recurring tasks alarm bug 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
sorry, i don't fully understand what you are trying to explain.

but i just noticed that i have another task in my ToDo task list for which the alarm should have popped up at 1PM (on october 7th). it did not.

the item is still in the ToDo list and if i right-click on it and do a "Completed" it will go away but in my past experience the same thing will happen in the future (that is, the item will be present in the Task list but will not pop up).

you mentioned when alarm (pop-up) window visible, however i never see the alarm pop-up becoming visible.

you also mentioned that the user must set the task as "Completed" once again. this is where you lost me. once i right-click on the task item and do a "Complete" it will disappear from the task list. how do i do it "once again" as you referenced.

what tag should i look at in the default.ics file (assuming that this is the correct file) to see if the alarm is reset correctly. for example, the alarm that should have pooped up at 1PM today is a recurring task for the 7th of each month. if you tell me which tag to look at and what it should change to i can verify it.

of course i also need you to clarify what you meant by set the task as "Completed" once again. the "once again" confuses me.

i'm not opposed to looking into the ICS file as long as you can tell me specifically what i should look for. as i mentioned, the alarm should have popped up today at 1PM (october 7th). what tag for that task in the ICS file should indicate this and what should the value be.

and after i do a "Complete" on it by right-clicking on the task what should the new value be?

oh, the alarm is recurring for the 7th of each month. please note that this is a different alarm that i originally reported the bug on so this alarm does not reflect the previously provided screen shots.

thanks!
gwa999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop