Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Wrong handling of repeating events(?)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Wrong handling of repeating events(?)
Re:Wrong handling of repeating events(?) 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
And most of the events do not show up in the Rainlendar Calendar at all. I have to go to "Manager" to see them. I would love to get this working.
WVKeif
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Wrong handling of repeating events(?) 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
The file does not follow the iCalendar standard. It contains yearly recurring events that are defined like this:

RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=26(null);BYMONTH=1

According to RFC2445 the BYDAY field should contain the weekday (MO, TU, WE, ...) and not the month day. Also the (null) shouldn't be there.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Wrong handling of repeating events(?) 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
The file does not follow the iCalendar standard. It contains yearly recurring events that are defined like this:

RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=26(null);BYMONTH=1

According to RFC2445 the BYDAY field should contain the weekday (MO, TU, WE, ...) and not the month day. Also the (null) shouldn't be there.

So how should it be written if the event is a birthday on Jan 26? Just curious.
WVKeif
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Either use BYMONTHDAY or do not define the day and month at all in RRULE since DTSTART already contains the date.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Rainy wrote:
Either use BYMONTHDAY or do not define the day and month at all in RRULE since DTSTART already contains the date.

Thanks. I am trying to use Rainlendar with the Airset web calendar because Airset can sync with my palm Treo. I sent Airset your response and they replied saying they do believe the problem is on their side. Their icalendar
standards expert is on vacation but it seems they are going to look at the problem ASAP.

Thanks for the help.
WVKeif
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

This discussion about RRULE worries me. I do see RFC2445 saying that the two last elements in
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=7;BYMONTH=4
are optional. And indeed, Rainlendar does not add them. What annoys me no end, is that Korganizer (Kontakt/KDE) does not read recurring events (like birthday) added by Rainlendar until I add those two elements manually.

Pretty scary stuff - imagine if you forgot girlfriend - bet she would love that excuse...

So although I think Rainy would be right in keeping it simple and not adding (self-evident) optional fields - I would vote for including them as there appears to be little harm (and possibly a safeguard against some timezone-confused-app messing with my birthdays...).

Including BYMONTHDAY=x;BYMONTH=x for annual recurrence would make Rainlendar compatible with Kontact (which methinks might just be the best full organiser suite around).

ok<br><br>Post edited by: okh, at: 2007/01/30 15:14
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop