Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Task with alarm, select "Completed" doesn't work.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Task with alarm, select "Completed" doesn't work.
Task with alarm, select "Completed" doesn't work. 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
I just recently upgraded to the latest release of Rainlendar Light (Version 2.11 (b128) 64 bit). I am not using any 3rd party calendars, just the Task capability for To-do items. I have been using Rainlendar for years, so I'm not new to the product and solely use it for Tasks/To-do function.

Since upgrading a couple days ago, I've noticed that Tasks (with alarms) that I have created before (and after) the update to this latest version have a problem. The problem is when the Alarm for a Task activates on screen, right clicking over it and selecting "Completed" is not working. The Alarm continually represents itself and will not close the Alarm window on-screen.

The only way that I can get the Alarm window to close and go away (off screen) is to click on the "Dismiss All" icon that is part of the Alarm on-screen item. Rainlendar is flagging the Task as "Completed" because I see the check-mark next to the "Completed" status, but the Alarm window will not close on screen. If I select another option from the right click list such as "Snooze" for x-period of time, the Task Alarm window will close properly. So it appears this problem is only associated with selecting the "Completed" status.

I just wanted to share this for investigation and thank-you for a truly great product!

texinga
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Task with alarm, select "Completed" doesn't work. 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
Ok, I'll see why the alarm doesn't get dismissed.
Rainy
graph

Re: Task with alarm, select "Completed" doesn't work. 1 Year, 10 Months ago  
I don't know if it matters (or would be helpful), but these Tasks with alarms that are not closing after selecting "Completed" are one-time, non-recurring Tasks. I have noticed that on my "recurring" Tasks that are set to alarm over a recurring timeframe, clicking on the "Completed" selection does close the alarm window. So this problem looks to be associated with a Task that has just one completion date/time setting.

I just performed a small test by creating a (non-recurring), single instance "Test" Task with an alarm setting of (1) minute before the time due. When it alarmed, I saw the same problem I've described of not being able to get the Alarm window to close when selecting "Completed". I also created a separate Task called "Task recurring" that was set to recur every day with the same alarm of (1) minute before due. When it alarmed, I selected "Completed" and the Alarm window closed. Of course that alarm was returning the Task to a recurring state of alarming at the same time tomorrow based upon my settings. But I wanted to share this with you in case it helps you zero-in on the problem.

Again, best Task scheduler and alarm program I've ever used!! So, I'm very happy to help if you need anything else from me.
texinga
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop