Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Bugs with hebrew (major)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Bugs with hebrew (major)
Re: Bugs with hebrew (major) 11 Months ago  
I found a bug report about the mirrored text in the settings. It's quite old so the bug probably doesn't get fixed any time soon but I can try the workaround which at least should make the text flow the right direction.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bugs with hebrew (major) 11 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
I found a bug report about the mirrored text in the settings. It's quite old so the bug probably doesn't get fixed any time soon but I can try the workaround which at least should make the text flow the right direction.

I guess it's something, but just to inform you, there are other major bugs when using RTL languages in rainlander that are not connected to that wxpropgrid addon, like in the Events and the "TO DO" lists where the text start from left to right instead of right to left making a lot of mess.
even the order of the months and days in the main calendar is inverted. counting from left to right.

those problems block rainlendar's exposure to RTL reading audience. we talking about alot of people here..
maxareuos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/05/24 20:46 By maxareuos.
In modern times, the one who brings the strongest contribution is the fittest in the jungle.

Re: Bugs with hebrew (major) 10 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Rainy wrote:
if you want i can help you test experimental versions of rainlendar that contain your workarounds and fixes that relate to the RTL issue.
maxareuos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
In modern times, the one who brings the strongest contribution is the fittest in the jungle.

Re: Bugs with hebrew (major) 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
The calendar and list windows are more problematic since they are completely custom drawn and have no RTL support. That would have to be implemented from scratch and that's not a small task. I can add this to my backlog but I can't say when I have time to do anything about it.
Rainy
graph

Re: Bugs with hebrew (major) 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
understood. at least we got something to wait for..
it's a move at the right direction.
maxareuos
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop