Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Bugreport - Event URL
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Bugreport - Event URL
Bugreport - Event URL 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I tried a new thing with Rainlender, I added tv-shows as events and adds a URL to a 'play'-site where the episode can be watched. But there seems to be a limit of characters in URL address, because the address gets cut off. I solved it temporary by using tinyurl, but would be nice if this could be fixed.
AND, maybe I am mistaken, but when I hovers over a date with a event and the tool-tip is shown, the pointer is changed to a hand to show the URL is click-able, but nothing happens when I click the URL... If I hold down Ctrl, then the URL opens. Is this by design or is this a malfunction? Would be nice if the URL is click-able directly, canīt see any reason why not.

And last, big thanks to the creator/s of this nice calendar! Really good job.

Best regards,
FirewWire
FireWire
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bugreport - Event URL 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Welcome to the forum, FireWire.

How long is your URL? Maybe it's a problem with one/many characters. In some cases, characters like & can cause this problem. Try encoding them: (see here, e.g. replace & with %26 or % with %25)

I think that's the behaviour for the tooltip balloon. It will shows up when you hover, and to keep it on top you need to click on Shift or Ctrl.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re:Bugreport - Event URL 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Jorge_Luis wrote:
Welcome to the forum, FireWire.

How long is your URL? Maybe it's a problem with one/many characters. In some cases, characters like & can cause this problem. Try encoding them: (see here, e.g. replace & with %26 or % with %25)

I think that's the behaviour for the tooltip balloon. It will shows up when you hover, and to keep it on top you need to click on Shift or Ctrl.

Thanks for the welcome =).

Yes, the link is rather long and contains ALOT of special characters in form of (,) because there is a filter applied in the address. So changing that is out of the question, would take to long time to replace, it wouldnīt be worth the trouble.
I really donīt see why Rainlender would disallow special characters? In my opinion it should allow anything that is typed in the URL. The browser would take care of the limitations, so donīt see why that should be a Rainlender problem.

Best regards,
FireWire
FireWire
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Bugreport - Event URL 10 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Could you give an example of this URL? (or the TinyURL)
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Example of site URL(not real domain name, just as example):
www.domain.org/videos/browse/index/query/x%20factor/categories/1,10,11,12,13,14,15,29,2,26,27,32

Rainlender cuts it of by the first ",". I hope the developer could fix this, and allow all type of addresses(text) in URL field. Should not be limited, except if there is a specific reason for it.
I really hope this could be fixed, canīt run tinyurl on all addresses, easier to use bookmarks then. But it would be nice to be able to use Rainlender's feature.

//FireWire
FireWire
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

This isn't exactly a long url. I tried and it works fine, the url is fully showed and launched.

Which version are you using? (although I don't think this could change anything)

The event is stored locally or online (e.g. Google Calendar)?

You can try a manual approach:
Try reading directly the file where the event is stored, if locally (see FAQ). If the URL stored is wrong, edit it with an "UTF-8 without BOM" editor (I recommend you Notepad++), save, then refresh Rainlendar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop