Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Outlook.com - Outlook 2013 Sync Problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Outlook.com - Outlook 2013 Sync Problem
Outlook.com - Outlook 2013 Sync Problem 7 Months, 1 Week ago  
Hello,

I use the newest pro Version of Rainlendar.

Within Rainlendar I created a new Outlook Calendar where I use my Outlook.com Account.

When I create a new Appointment in Rainlendar the Appointment will be displayed within the Calendar in Outlook 2013. But it will not get synced with my outlook.com Online Calendar (web frontend). Only when I change some information (e.g. time or date) within Outlook 2013 it will get synced to Outlook.com (web..)

What can I do to solve this problem?

Best regards from Germany!
kgutzeit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Outlook.com - Outlook 2013 Sync Problem 7 Months, 1 Week ago  
I've been looking at this problem but I haven't found any solution for it. It seems that Outlook uploads the events by itself to the website. The proper way to handle the situation would be to implement the support for Outlook.com into Rainlendar but unfortunately the API Microsoft provides does not have full support for recurring events so it's not very usable.
Rainy
graph

Re: Outlook.com - Outlook 2013 Sync Problem 4 Months, 1 Week ago  
Are there some new changes regarding my first posts?

I Just had a look at the following Web-Page:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/live/hh243648.aspx#event

and wanted to know if it is now possible to implement the features for outlook.com calender event syncronisation?

There are also some attributes to create those needed infos for recurring events:

is_recurrent (true/false) : A value that specifies whether the event is recurring. If the event is recurring, this value is true; otherwise, it is false.

recurrence (string) : The text description of the recurrence pattern, for example, "Occurs every week on Tuesday". The value is Null if this is not a recurrent event.

Would be very nice if you could implement the features for outlook.com in the next release of your software

Best regards from a daily Rainlendar user
kgutzeit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/12/11 12:35 By kgutzeit.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/live/hh243648.aspx#event
kgutzeit
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Reading the calendar entries from Outlook.com is not a problem. You can already do that by subscribing to the iCalendar feed. What the Live Calendar API lacks is the write support for recurring events.

The Live Connect REST API does not support creating or updating recurring events; however, you can delete recurring events the same way you would delete a nonrecurring event. Deleting a recurring event deletes all of its occurrences.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop